MONTEREY, California (March 17, 2020) – The health and safety of each one of you and your families is our upmost concern during this time. Our thoughts and well wishes go out to all who’ve been impacted by this virus.
Hayward continues to monitor the outbreak of COVID-19 and is taking steps to ensure the safety of our employees and customers. We will continue to follow the CDC guidelines and announcements from our federal and state government in order to help fight this disease. The situation is changing rapidly, and we will continue to update you as these changes occur.
As you know several counties in Northern California have shelter in place requirements and have requested that essential services remain open to support our communities. We are listed as an essential service.
We are open for business: Effective Wednesday, March 18, we are adjusting our hours and until further notice. All Hayward stores will be open from 7:00am to 2:30pm, Monday – Friday, and closed Saturday and Sunday to support our employees in taking care of one another and our customers. Throughout this period, we remain, as always, committed to supplying you the products and services you need, on time as promised.
Continued Communication: We are closely monitoring the situation, and regularly providing all of our stores and employees with the most up-to-date safety guidance, as recommended by the CDC and other health officials.
Offering Additional Paid-for Sick Time to our employees: Employees have been asked to exercise increased precautions to safeguard their health and the health of their community, including staying home if they have any symptoms of illness or do not feel well. To better support each employee in making community-minded decisions, we have made available additional paid sick time to all of our employees for the next several months.
Waiving Live-Health Co-Pay and Deductible for testing: Employees on Hayward’s Anthem Blue Cross health benefit plan can use the Live-Health to seek non-emergency medical help, we have suspended the co-pay for the remainder of the year. There is no cost or deductible, this is a free service to you. You have access to a live Doctor 24/7. We have notified our health insurance companies that we have waived the deductible for any testing associated with COVID-19.
Prioritizing Good Hygiene Practices: We are providing continuous reminders about good hygiene practices and supporting our employees with necessary resources. For instance, ensuring our counter staff at the registers has the opportunity to regularly wash their hands.
Increasing Routine Cleaning: In line with our longstanding commitment to provide a safe and clean environment, stores have increased the frequency of cleanings, paying close attention to high touch areas such as restrooms, register areas, doors and counters.
Please help do your part in keeping our employees, customers, workplace and communities safe:
- Do not enter our stores, design centers, lumberyards, offices or facilities if you have a cough or fever. We’re here to help, so let us find an alternative way to provide service.
- Follow the safety guidelines as recommended by CDC and other health officials.
- Some of our locations may be short staffed due to impacts from county wide school closures and shelter-in-place orders. Please be patient with our staff, they are working hard to provide you with the best service they can.
- Plan ahead so your business and projects are not negatively impacted. Please consider giving us additional lead time to fill your order.
- Please pay your account online or call with payment information, rather than in-person or in store credit card payments. Switch to paying your invoices online. It’s easy, convenient and secure. Visit https://haywardlumber.billtrust.com and start paying your invoices online.
There is nothing more important to us than the health and safety of our employees and our customers. We will continue to provide information about what steps we are taking to address this rapidly evolving situation.