MONTEREY, California (March 16, 2020) – The management team at Hayward Lumber is carefully monitoring the Coronavirus outbreak. Our first priority is the health and safety of our employees, customers, families and communities. In recognition of the public health imperative facing us all, we’re doing our part to help slow the spread of the disease in California. We continue to monitor the situation closely and follow the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) and federal, state and local government officials.
- We’re in uncharted territory and we want to let you know what Hayward is doing to provide safety and protection:
We are open for business…currently. You will be notified of any temporary closure. We have no plans for a closure as of now.
- Account managers / outside sales staff have been asked to eliminate person-to-person interactions as much as possible.
- For your safety and ours, please reach us by phone, email, text or web Instant Notification.
- In addition to our regular cleaning, which is part of our normal course of business, we are increasing the frequency and extent of those cleanings, performing additional cleaning of high touch surfaces and objects.
- We have hand sanitizing stations located throughout our facilities for your use as well as ours. Sanitizing and providing health-promoting resources in our stores is just one of many steps we are taking to maintain a safe shopping experience.
- Drivers have been given disinfecting wipes and sanitizer and instructed to clean their hands before and after a delivery – and to wipe down their trucks.
- Any team member that can work from home will do so. We are equipped to provide you with the same level of service as some Hayward team members work remotely.
- We encourage you to call in or email your orders when it makes sense to do so.
- We have suspended all non-essential Vendor & Customer visits.
- We have postponed all Hayward Lumber events, vendor demos, training and continuing education until further notice.
- We are no longer requiring a signature on delivery. Delivery photos will be used instead.
- We know education is key and we’re keeping our team updated regarding the Coronavirus, what actions they can take to stay well and ensure the wellness of those around them.And for the benefit of our team members, we have relaxed attendance policies and have temporarily revised our emergency pay policy to protect pay for impacted team members.
Because of the fast-changing nature of the Coronavirus outbreak, we will review this policy in the coming days. You will be notified as soon as possible if there are any changes to this policy.
Contact us we’re here to help you get the materials you need!
Need to reach us right away? Click here for Hayward Instant Notification
Send an Email
HAYWARD LUMBER GOLETA 805-964-7711
HAYWARD LUMBER PACIFIC GROVE 831-373-1326
HAYWARD LUMBER REDWOOD CITY 650-366-3732
HAYWARD LUMBER SALINAS 831-755-8800
HAYWARD LUMBER SAN LUIS OBISPO 805-543-0825
HAYWARD LUMBER SANTA BARBARA 805-963-1881
HAYWARD LUMBER SANTA MARIA 805-928-8557