UltraTouch™ Denim Insulation
UltraTouch™ Denim Insulation is the successful combination of 35 years of insulation experience and a revolutionary patented manufacturing process that has created a superior and safe product made from recycled denim and cotton fibers from blue jeans.
UltraTouch is made from high-quality natural fibers. These fibers contain inherent qualities that provide for extremely effective sound absorption and maximum thermal performance. UltraTouch has No Fiberglass Itch and is easy to handle and work with. UltraTouch contains no chemical irritants and requires no warning labels compared to other traditional products. There are no VOC concerns when using UltraTouch, as it is safe for you and the environment.
UltraTouch is also a Class-A Building Product and meets the highest ASTM testing standards for fire and smoke ratings, fungi resistance and corrosiveness. UltraTouch™ Denim Insulation contains 80% post-consumer recycled natural fibers making it an ideal choice for anyone looking to use a high quality sustainable building material.
UltraTouch makes installation user-friendly. The inclusion of perforated batts allows for quick and easy off-size cavity installation. Simply measure, tear, fit and you’re done!
- UltraTouch does not itch and is easy to handle.
- UltraTouch is manufactured in oversized widths to ensure a tight friction fit and fill capacity.
- UltraTouch provides maximum R-value performance.
- UltraTouch is a Class-A Building material that meets or exceeds ASTM testing for both commercial and residential batt insulation.
- The UltraTouch patented proprietary process treats each individual fiber with a boron-based fire retardant. This treatment not only acts as a superior fire retardant, but also impedes the growth of fungus and mold.
- UltraTouch’s patented manufacturing technology creates a three dimensional infrastructure that traps, isolates and controls sound waves.
Because UltraTouch™ Denim Insulation is compressed for shipping purposes, give it a shake prior to installing. This will help accelerate the natural rebounding properties of the fibers. Depending upon climate and environmental conditions, full rebound may take several days.
Install UltraTouch™ Denim Insulation between the studs by simply fitting each batt firmly into place. UltraTouch is engineered to fit standard 16″ O.C and 24″ O.C. framing with no additional sizing required. If you encounter an off-size cavity, either tear along a perforation or cut to create the proper fit. Your piece of insulation should be approx. 0.5″ wider and longer than the actual cavity. If building codes require a vapor barrier, it should be applied towards the living area after insulation installation.