Hayward Lumber Co. is a leading ProSale organization that operates full-service lumberyards, window and door design centers throughout central California.
We have an immediate opening for a Kitchen and Bath Designer – Sales Associate for our established Santa Maria, CA location.
The successful candidate will bring great design and sales skills, enthusiasm and an optimistic outlook! This position is perfect for a person who is a team player and would love helping others to create the kitchen and bathroom of their dreams. You will be equipped with the latest design software, updated displays, vendor support and quality leads all in a professional, team-orient environment.
- Create custom designs for customers using 20-20 Kitchen Design Software, ensuring all required installation notes and details are captured in plans Assist customers in viewing cabinet samples or displays.
- Identify and develop sales leads; plan and complete customer follow up to lead customers through the sales process and close sales
- Use persuasive selling skills to create cabinet sales including upgraded cabinet features and other product category items to maximize customer experience and satisfaction
- Maintain accurate documentation of customer activity; document the customer sales process and maintain customer records in the CRM and other software and systems as requested
- Stay up to date with trends and competitor’s developments to ensure designs are current with market expectations.
- Complete accurate order forms and supporting documentation and submit
- Collect deposits, payments from customer as required.
- Adhere to Hayward’s safety standards and enforce safety regulation
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 years of kitchen and bath industry work experience.
- 3 years inside sales, design and/or showroom experience.
- Proven track record of closing sales at or above company established guidelines
- 2 years 20-20 design software experience
- Appliance specification knowledge
- Understanding of Remodeling and local building codes
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Suite
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all exterior and internal customers
- Valid Driver License and ability to travel to local job sites (company conducts pre-hire screening)
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Base Salary + Commission
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- 401K with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, holiday, and sick leave
Hayward Lumber Co. has been supplying products, services, and solutions to the construction market since 1919. The company has grown to include six locations operating in Santa Clara, Monterey, San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties, as well as seven Hayward Design Centers, and Hayward Building Systems, a roof and floor truss manufacturing facility.